19 February 2013

One year anniversary


Well it has been one year since I have quit working and moved to Chile. It has been exciting !!!

We are doing well, I do have to admit that there are things I do miss not being in the States. Some of the things I miss are,not in any order:

1. The Internet is not created equal... :(. There are some sites that are not available because I am in Chile, such as Hulu.

2. Which then leads to TV, can see soe shows from US, but do miss watching NASCAR.

2. Kentucky Fried Chicken. We can not get a buck of chicken, mashed potatoes and cole slaw. Here its 
Kentucky Fried Chicken - Chile style http://www.kentucky.cl/delivery/familiares.html

3. I do miss work, well actually the people... you know who you are.... 

4. I do miss driving.. not quite ready to that here, am able to get around by bus and Metro.

Things I don't miss are

1.  All the crazy shootings going on, definitely not a problem here. Here it would be petty thief at best. We have experienced that, as Susan had a necklace rip off her neck.. Wasn't suppose to be wearing it to star with.... Her bike was stolen... we didn't have it locked.

2. Still getting use to how Chileans do business.  They are on their own time schedules, when have something delivered its from 0800 - 2100. Have some thing repaired, tell you three weeks, can be longer,

But other then this things we are getting along. Still working on my Spanish....


Well take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment